The Noobs and Nerds repository is famous for its list of official and unofficial Best Kodi addons, alongside Simply Caz, Supremacy, Super Repo, Kodi Israel and the now-defunct Fusion repo. Abbreviated as “NaN”, the repo tends to be the easiest resource for installing add-ons. There are not many errors encountered when using the repo. Continue reading to understand how to install Noobs and Nerds on Kodi, while also learning more about the repository itself.
Noobs and Nerds Repository
When compared to the most prominent repo names mentioned above, Noobs and Nerds tends to have a very small collection of extensions. However, with the shutting down of numerous repositories after the recent government crackdown, the repo has experience a rush of traffic in recent days. While there is no certainty how long the NaN will be functional, we do know that the Noobs and Nerds team intends to stick around. This is why they have two URLs for their sources. If http://noobsandnerds.com/portal does not work, you can use the alternative one: http://nan.aftermathwizard.net/nanrepo/
Noobs and Nerds Login/Register
Similar to most Kodi repositories, Noobs and Nerds does not require any registration process for you to start installing the add-ons. To get started, all you have to do is add the source in Kodi and then install the zip file. Within seconds, you will gain access to a huge list of music, video, program, and picture add-ons. Follow the steps below to install the repo on both: Kodi Krypton (V17) and Jarvis (V16).
How to Install Noobs and Nerds on Kodi Krypton Version 17 or Higher
- Launch Kodi Krypton and click on the “Gear” icon.
- From the list of settings available, select “File Manager”.
- You will see two columns. On the left menu, click on the “Add Source” option.
- Enter the URL for the media source: http://noobsandnerds.com/portal and press the OK button.
- Name the media source whatever you want. We went with “NaN Repo”.
- Head back to the home screen and select “Add-ons”.
- On the top left corner of the page, click on the “Package” symbol.
- From the list of options, choose “Install from Zip File”.
- Find the media source you added earlier as “NaN Repo”.
- From the three options, select the last one labelled “noobsandnerds Repo (2.3.0).zip”.
- Wait for the “Add-on Installed” notification to appear on the top right corner of the screen.
- You will now see the repo present in the “Install from Repository” menu.
How to Install Noobs and Nerds on Kodi Jarvis Version 16 or Below
- Launch the Kodi Jarvis application and go to “System”
- From the list of options, click on “File Manager”
- Scroll down and click on the “Add-Source” option
- Select “None” and enter: http://noobsandnerds.com/portal
- Name the media source “NaN Repo” and hit OK
- From the main menu, go to ‘System’ -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Add-ons’
- Select the “Install from zip file” option and click on NaN Repo
- Wait for the repository to install successfully
- Head to the “Install from repository” to access the repo
Noobs and Nerds Down/Not Working/Errors
Noobs and Nerds Add-on Not Installed
Even after following the steps above, you receive the “Add-on Not installed” error. This is a clear indication of the repo giving trouble temporarily. Follow the steps below to fix the problem.
A common reason for add-ons not installing is using a shut down repository. Lucky for us, NaN offers an alternative URL for users to add in such cases. Therefore, instead of using the original, try adding the below source: http://nan.aftermathwizard.net/nanrepo/
Noobs and Nerds Twitter
Noobs and Nerds has a very active presence on Twitter. They have their own handle where they regularly post new updates regarding the repository. For security purposes, they keep their account on private mode. This saves it from the eyes of copyright infringement hunters after Kodi repos and extensions. Below are a few tweets from the happy customers of NaN:
Exactly how it should be, away from eyes of these big companies and people looking to destroy community! Glad you still here at least 🤣
— Mr C**t (@MrTh3m3s) November 18, 2017
Noobs does a great job as well
— JB3 (@JB3Builds) November 17, 2017
Still working fine for me, still using Metalliq to watch my Trakt list movies thru Elysium 🙂
— RCBodyslam (@RichardCaul) November 7, 2017
Noobs and Nerds Elysium
If you were around the time when the popular Zen Add-on was ruling the marketplace of Kodi Add-ons, you would know that the Elysium is just an upgraded version of the same extension with updated code (available on the NaN Repo). It boasts the same outlook and pulls in links to movies and TV shows, while displaying them on the right for you to play. The add-on boasts a huge library of content, which ensures you never miss your favorite entertainment.
Noobs and Nerds Download via Zip File
Oftentimes, links to repositories may shut down temporarily. This may give errors during the installation process of the repo or while downloading new add-ons. If you are encountering the same issue, you can opt for a simpler route. Consider following the steps below to download the repo via zip file directly.
- Download the NaN Repo zip file from here
- Launch your Kodi Application and select “Add-ons”
- Click on the “Package” symbol on the top left corner
- Select “Install from Zip File” to begin the process
- Find where you saved “repository.noobsandnerds-2.3.2.zip” file
- Click on the file to begin the installation
- You will now find NaN Repo in the “Install from Repository” menu
Noobs and Nerds Best Add-ons
Though the NaN Repo does not have a huge list of classic add-ons like Covenant (now shut down), Exodus, Specto, SALT, and Pro Sport, it does boast a nice array of other extensions that everyone should install for their Kodi arsenal. Among the top names, include:
- SolarMovie – Add-on for watching movies/TV shows FREE of cost. Takes most of its content from the website of the same name, hence the chances of it shutting down are less.
- Metalliq – This extension is also a good choice for watching your favorite content. It is a handy add-on when names likes Exodus and Covenant keep shutting down.
- Elysium – We have already discussed about this add-on earlier. It is truly one of the best from the NaN repo and works like a charm for streaming movies/TV shows.
- Bob Unrestricted – Boasting a “boxed sets” menu, the add-on has a huge TV section with plenty of categories and genres for you to enjoy.
- SportsDevil Launcher – This version of the SportsDevil add-on tends to be more reliable with better performance. It allows users to stream live sports.
Wrapping Things Up
If you are facing trouble in understanding how to install Noobs and Nerds on Kodi, make sure to follow the abovementioned steps. If the “add source” method does not work, consider using the direct zip file method. Once installed, enjoy watching your favorite live shows and movies/TV series online via the remarkable add-ons list. If you encounter any issues, feel free to drop a comment below!