A Replacement for Exodus: The Covenant Kodi Add-on
If you are an avid Kodi user, you probably know about the famed and celebrated Exodus add-on. It is one of the best extensions available for streaming movies, TV shows, and live channels. However, due to the major UK crackdown on blocking illegal streams, Exodus has come into the limelight of many governmental agencies. Subsequently, the add-on is no longer operational (seldom working in some locations), causing quite the uproar and panic among Kodi users.
Nevertheless, where there is bad news, there is also good news. In replace of the Exodus, there is a new add-on gaining fame, similar like a virus spreading across an entire facility of servers. Oh yes, we have had an alternative for the Exodus, and it goes by the name Covenant! News broke out about this new extension on T H E A L P H A’s Twitter Page and pretty soon it began making waves on the internet – as it picks up right where Exodus left off.
At the same time, it promises to improve upon its predecessor, while utilizing the same design and functionality. Best part of all: it is developer supported, all account integrations work, and the search engine is working perfectly. This means, hope is not lost and you can finally resume watching your favorite TV shows, movies, and live channels FREELY again! Below is a complete guide on how to install Covenant on Kodi V16 (Jarvis) and V17 (Krypton).
How to Install Covenant on Kodi Krypton Version 17 or Above
There are two ways you can download and install the Covenant Add-on on Kodi V17. The direct zip download gets you the latest version of Covenant without any issues. However, it may not get you automatic updates. The colossal repository method follows the same traditional way of installing extensions. We will provide step-to-step instructions for both ways below. Hope this helps you out!
Direct Zip Download
This method involves installing Covenant directly through Github. Here is how you can get started with the process:
- Visit this web address and locate the most recent version of Covenant: https://github.com/Colossal1/repository.colossus/tree/master/plugin.video.covenant
- Select the latest updated version of the zip file and then hit the download button
- Open Kodi and double-click the add-ons tab to move on with the installation process
- Go to the Package symbol and select the “Install from zip” option
- Locate the Covenant zip file and click on it to begin installation
How to Install Covenant on Kodi Krypton Version 17 Using Colossal Repository
This method involves downloading and installing the Covenant directly from the Kodi application. Here is how you can get started with the process:
- Open the Kodi app and click on settings (the gear symbol)
- Go to the “File Manager” tab
- Select the “Add Source” option, located on the bottom. Double-click on “<None>” for entering the Covenant repository URL
- Enter http://mediarepos.net/tco/ in the URL bar and press the Ok button
- Return to the home screen and go to the Add-ons tab
- Click on the Package symbol to move on with the installation
- Select the “Install from Zip File” option
- Locate “TCO” on the screen and hit double-click.
- Select the “Repo_colossus.zip” file and press the OK button
- Wait for the installation message on the top right and go back to the “Install from Repository” page
- Click on the “Colossal Repository”
- Select the Video add-ons option
- Locate the Covenant add-on
- press the “Install” option
- Once installed, you will find Covenant in the add-ons menu!
How to Install Covenant on Kodi Jarvis Version 16 or Below
For this guide, we will be using the second method of Colossal Repository for downloading and installing the Covenant add-on. Follow the steps below:
- Open the Kodi V16 application
- Click on “System” option and select “File Manager”
- Select the “Add Source” option, located at the bottom
- Double-click on the “None” option to enter URL
- Enter http://mediarepos.net/tco/ and click on OK
- Return to the Home Screen and click on “System”
- Click on “Add-ons” tab for continuing with the process
- Select the “Install from Zip File” option and double-click “TCO”
- Go to the “Repo_colossus.zip” file and press the OK button
- Wait for the Add-on enabled notification
- Return to the home screen and select “Programs”
- Select the Colossal Repository from the list and go to Video Add-ons
- Find and double click on Covenant add-on
- Press the Install option
Covenant Not Working – Error Troubleshooting
Many Kodi users have reported to experiencing issues while trying to download and install the Covenant add-on. This is primarily because of the large number of requests from individuals around the world trying to access the Colossal Repository. Since the Covenant Kodi add-on currently exists in only one location, you will have to wait for the temporary issue to get resolved itself.
Conversely, if you have finally succeeded on downloading the Colossal Repository, but are receiving an error message like “Add-on Installation Failed” – this is also due to massive server load. Do not give up on installing Covenant. Keep trying to download the add-on and you will succeed. We also experienced a little trouble in installing the add-on in one-go. It took several attempts to complete the process.
Stay Anonymous Kodi Lovers!
Before we let you guys off, a word of advice: do no forget to use a cheap VPN when using Kodi. Many users have received copyright infringement notices for streaming TV shows, movies, and sports through various add-ons. If you want to keep your identity safe and protect your internet activity, it is time you considered using a VPN too. By masking your IP address and encrypting your traffic, you can feel assured to steer clear from local ISPs and governmental agencies, especially if you live in a country with strict internet laws.
Related Article : acestream kodi