Xbox is one of the most demanding gaming consoles of all time. Competing with the likes of PlayStation, Nintendo and PC games, Xbox has achieved considerable success in the gaming industry.The Xbox 360 & Xbox One store is known for its regional restrictions and varying game release dates. If you’ve been a victim of a beta release you couldn’t access, you will feel the pain I felt. But, that’s all in the past, it’s the age of VPN now you can access all Xbox stores with a single tweak and get latest beta releases and region restricted early game releases even if they are geo-restricted.
The Best Xbox One VPN Services
Our guide will help you learn more on how to spam your location to a specific region (e.g. USA) in addition to helping you setup the fastest gaming VPN services directly on your devices and routers. Have a look at our top ranking gaming VPN providers:
Ping (Lower is better)
Price & Website
COD: Advanced Warfare
GTA V Online
A VPN allows you to hide behind an IP address from a particular country and virtually change your location to that region. This allows full feature access letting you buy games and trial beta releases without having to worry about geo-blocks. The cherry on top you can simply configure the VPN directly on your router and even on your Xbox consoles.
How to Setup VPN on Xbox One and Xbox 360
There are two main techniques through which you can setup a VPN on your Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
Now that you know the many reasons why to use a VPN for Xbox 360 and Xbox One, here is our guide to setting up the service on your console.
We will try to keep the guide as simple as possible, and make sure that you can easily set it up without requiring any technical abilities.
Use Router Base Connection to Setup Xbox One/Xbox 360 VPN
One of the methods of setting up Xbox One VPN is by tunneling your service via router and then connecting your gaming console and other devices to the router. Note that the setup may vary according to the router you use and the instructions provided by the VPN provider.
Use the following steps to configure a VPN service on your router:
- You need an Ethernet cable and connect your modem to the WAN port in the router.
- Open your Router’s Control Panel – accessible from your system control panel.
- Go to the ‘Basic Setup’ / ‘Network’ / ‘Basic’ tab in your router control panel (where you can configure WAN or Internet settings).
- Enter the setup details provided by your VPN provider (username, password, gateway, subnet mask, etc.).
- Select the appropriate protocol settings and the change the ‘Connection Type’ based on your router and VPN providers instructions (usually to PPTP, but it depends).
- Select the appropriate DCHP settings depending on the requirements by your VPN provider.
- Click the Apply Settings / Save / Connect button and you are done.
Now you can connect your Xbox to the router either through Wi-Fi or through Ethernet cable and can enjoy using VPN on your Xbox 360 or Xbox One.
Use Your Computer to Setup VPN on Xbox One and Xbox 360
You can also configure a VPN service on your Xbox through sharing the VPN connection on your personal computer with the gaming console.
Firstly, setup a VPN connection on your computer:
- Go to ‘Network and Sharing Center’ from your system’s Control Panel.
- Click on ‘Setup a New Connection or Network’ and a wizard will appear.
- Select ‘Connect to a Workplace’ and click ‘Next’.
- The wizard will ask ‘how do you want to connect?’- select ‘Use my Internet Connection (VPN)’.
- Next you will have to enter the Internet Address and Destination Name provided by your VPN provider. Enter the details and click ‘Next’.
- Now enter the Username and Password of your VPN service and click ‘Connect’.
If you already have a VPN configured on your computer, use the following steps to connect it to your Xbox:
- Connect your Xbox with your PC using an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi.
- Go to ‘Network and Sharing Center’ from your system’s control panel.
- Click on the ‘Change Adapter Settings’ on the left side bar.
- Right click on your VPN connection and click ‘Properties’.
- Go to the ‘Sharing’ tab and check ‘Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection’ option.
- Click on the drop down menu below ‘Home Networking Connection’ and select ‘Local Area Network’. Click ‘Ok’.
How to Change Xbox Store Location
Gamers also wish to change their default Xbox store location to buy games and cash in on limited time offers. Begin by connecting your Xbox One or Xbox 360 console to your flashed router according to the guide provided above.
Create a Revolut Account
The next step requires that you create a Revolut Payment Account. With Revolut you can make payments easily with credit or debit cardusing a valid mailing address and spam your location to a particular location. You can add money to your Revolut account using your own debit card or PayPal account.
Here’s what you need to do next:
- Connect your Xbox console to the router
- Go to Settings panel on your Xbox
- Select the Language & Location option
- Select the country you wish to connect with (United States is preferred)
- Then select Restart Now
- Go to Settings>Payment and Billing>Billing Info
- Add your Revolut credentials
- You should now be ableto download or purchase from the desired Xbox Store
How to Access US Xbox Store Deals
The official US Xbox website offers many deals for gamers on weekly basis. These deals are available for gamers that have a US Xbox Live account only, but those based outside US can make an account following the steps provided in the step by step guide provided above. You will find the following on the renowned US Xbox Store:
- Xbox games and consoles deals
- Discounted Xbox One consoles,
- New accessories with deals, and
- Xbox games downloaded directly from the store
Gamers may also receive $10 gift cards when pre-ordering specific titles. There are titles that are initially released only in the US store and gamers can purchase and download these titles with a VPN and changing their Xbox Store location.
Why You Should Select a Xbox One VPN
Before we go ahead and explain the procedure of setting up VPN on your Xbox 360 and Xbox One, many advantages of using an Xbox VPN is given below.
1) Enhancing Online Security and Protection
For starters, there are numerous notorious players out there who are trying to take advantage by attacking your network with DDoS attacks. This is usually done during live tournaments in order to clear the path for victory – however, you can protect yourself from such unethical attacks using Xbox 360 and xbox one loopholes.
Similarly, cybercriminals look to take advantage of your sensitive information when you are connected to Xbox Live. Imagine someone using your account to purchase latest gaming titles and then gifting them to themselves (mind you, they aren’t cheap). I know that I would be outraged – but through the security protocols and data encryption, you can protect yourself using a VPN for Xbox.
2) Say Goodbye to Geo Restrictions
Then there are geo restrictions which are buzzkill when you are trying to download and access content from different locations. There are multiple games and content available on Xbox Live Marketplace that cannot be accessed unless you are located in that particular region. (one user from japan needs to know about xbox router connectivity through vpn)
Using a VPN for Xbox, you can overcome these restrictions and easily access all the geo restricted content. This is especially helpful if your Xbox is used as the main hub for all your media streaming. Web content like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer, Pandora, etc. can all be accessed using a VPN.
Lastly, you can test out your gaming skills all around with world with the help of Xbox One VPN. By lifting the geo restrictions, you will be able to play in almost every location on the planet, against all sorts of players around the world.
To sum everything up, an Xbox 360 and Xbox One VPN will protect you from many threats and help you enjoy unparallel gaming experience. It will allow you to compete in online tournaments without the risk of being cheated by other competitors and access geo restricted content.
Our guide will help you select the best VPN provider for Xbox and how to setup VPN service on your gaming console. There are many guides available out there and to be honest, all of them are highly technical and very difficult to comprehend.
In light of that, our guide is simple, quick, and easy to use – allowing you to setup VPN on Xbox through either of the two ways and experience the true benefits of Xbox One VPN.