**Update November 2017 – At the time of writing this review, the Icefilms extension was working perfectly. However, as of recently, the add-on is no longer operational. Even though, the developers came up with a new fix, the extension continues to give trouble. Keep following us for further updates. We will provide tips, as soon as we work for a solution to get the extension working again.
What is Icefilms Kodi?
As the name implies, Icefilms Kodi is an extension that connects and pulls content directly from the reputable website counterpart, which allows users to enjoy free movies/TV shows. The act is getting quite common, as we see other hit sites like Movies4k and Solar Movie, creating their own Kodi add-ons.
This growth in streaming add-ons is great for all the freebies. However, the extension does come with its own problems. If one source goes down, you will not be able to pull any data at all. This is why we urge users to try using the brand-new Covenant add-on.
How to Install Icefilms on Kodi Krypton Version 17 or Higher
- Launch the Kodi V17 Krypton application and click on the “Gear” icon
- From the list of options, select “File Manager”
- Here you can see all the sources for repositories. Scroll below and click on “Add Source”
- Double-click on “None” and enter http://srp.nu into the URL box
- Name the media source “SuperRepo” and click on the OK button
- Return to the Kodi menu, click on “Add-ons” and then the “Package” symbol on the top left corner
- From the list of options, select “Install from Zip File”
- Scroll down until you see the media source you named earlier i.e. “SuperRepo”
- Select Krypton > All > “superrepo.kodi.krypton.all-0.07.04.zip”
- Wait for the installation to complete, return to “Add-on browser”, select “Install from Repository”
- Click on “SuperRepo Repositories [Krypton] [V7]” and install “SuperRepo Category Video”
- Open “SuperRepo Category Video [Krypton] [V7]” and click on “Video Add-ons”
- Scroll down and find the “Ice Films” add-on
- Open the file and hit the “Install” button!
How to Install Icefilms on Kodi Jarvis Version 16 or Below
- Open Kodi V16 Jarvis and click on the “System” option.
- Select “File Manager” from the menu.
- Choose the “Add Source” option.
- Double-click on “None” to enter URL.
- Copy/Paste http://nu/
- Give a name to the source, such as “SuperRepo”.
- Click on System > Add-ons > Install from Zip File.
- Select the Kodi Version “Jarvis” from the list of options.
- Click on the “All” button, if you want the complete Repo.
- Select “superrepo.kodi.krypton.all-0.7.04.zip”
- Wait for the Add-on enabled notification.
- Return to the home screen and select “Programs”.
- Select the SuperRepo Category Video [Jarvis] [v6] from the list.
- Install Category Video and then find Icefilms.
- Press the Install button!
How to Install Icefilms on Kodi Apple TV/iPad
If you want to install the Icefilms Kodi 2017 extension on Apple TV/iPad, follow the same steps as above for Kodi Jarvis or Krypton (depending on the version you use). The process for installing add-ons is the same across all platforms/devices. Just install the “SuperRepo” repository, open “Category Video”, find the Icefilms add-on, and hit the install button.
Icefilms Kodi 2017 Reviews
The Icefilms Kodi Plugin has developed a huge following online, due to its large library of content for TV shows and movies. You can find many users praising the extension and referring the name to others, so that they can enjoy streaming entertainment free of cost too! Below are a few tweets from users regarding Icefilms Kodi 2017:
Icefilms is the best
— Hesterly (@NHesterly) October 28, 2017
I care. Ill watch it on icefilms.. Tell me how it is
— ° (@NR_1994) September 26, 2017
Or just use something like icefilms
— adDY (@AddyLinear) August 21, 2017
Icefilms Kodi Download URL Zip
If the above process of installing the Icefilms Kodi Plugin seems too complicated, you can always opt for the simpler route. You can choose to download the extension via the zip file directly. Follow the below instructions to understand how:
- Install the Icefilms Kodi 2017 zip file from here.
- Launch your Kodi Application and select “Add-ons”.
- Click on the “Package” symbol on the top left corner.
- Select “Install from Zip File” to begin the process.
- Find where you saved your file “plugin.video.icefilms-1.99.73.zip”
- Click on the file to begin the installation.
- You will now find Icefilms in “Video Add-ons”.
Icefilms Kodi Not Working/Errors/Fixes
Icefilms Kodi Plugin Script Failed Error
You have installed the Icefilms extension, seen the popup welcoming you, and accepted the disclaimer provided. However, when you choose to run a movie or TV show, you cannot pass to the streaming screen and receive a Plugin Script Failed Error.
This could be possible, due to your ISP blocking the website URL or other issues concerning the resource for watching content. A good way to fix the problem is to right click on the Icefilms extension and go to settings. From the general menu, change the URL from http://www.icefilms.info to http://www.ipv6.icefilms.info
Icefilms Kodi Failed to Install a Dependency
This error is the most common on Kodi when installing different add-ons from varied repositories. There could be many reasons as to why you may be seeing this, but there is no need to panic. Follow the steps bellow to fix the error.
Oftentimes, Kodi tries grabbing information from broken repos. If you want to get rid of the failed to install a dependency error, consider deactivating repos that are no longer operation. Another solution is to install the Indigo Extension and hit the Rejuvenate Kodi button to restore the app to its original condition.
Wrapping Things Up
We hope this guide helps you understand how to install Icefilms on Kodi, while also troubleshooting common issues with the extension. Enjoy watching movies/TV show, without hassle and free of cost. However, if you encounter any troubles with the add-on, feel free to drop a comment below. Also, do not hesitate on sharing the article with your friends/family members!