After Google officially separated its Google Play Stores based on regions apps, games, movies and TV shows within the US Google Play Store are not available in other regions. Similar is the case for all other regions of the world that have their own dedicated Play Stores and no access to other Google app markets.
Consequently, the question that comes to mind is just how to change Google Play store country location. At times, you wish to download apps from a different Google app store however because of unavailability of that app in your country, you cannot download it. Consider the example of Pokémon Go app which was only available to residents of US, Australia and New Zealand. More than 100 million users downloaded the app by virtually changing their location to the US.
There are two solutions you can go for in this situation, first you can forget about the desired app and use an alternative app but that doesn’t sound good at all. The second possibility is that you can change your Google Play country settings and download the app without further restrictions.
Change Google Play Store Region (for users with foreign Credit Cards) – Method 1
Follow this simple procedure to change your app store location successfully.
· You should sign into your Google wallet account first.
· After signing, delete all the payment methods which you have in your Google Wallet account.
· Include a card along with billing address (you must have a legal address) present in your desired country (like the USA).
· It is time to open your Google Play Store and search for apps as usual.
· Close Google play store and then go to settings clear all the data for Google Play Store application. You should go to Settings > Apps > Google Play Store, and clear all the app data.
· Open the app store again after following the above process you will observe now the Google Play store corresponds with your default billing country.
Change your App Store Location with VPN –Method 2
In order to change the location of Google App store without deleting card details and changing a lot of settings, all you need is a VPN service. Follow our simple tips and you will be able to change Google Play Store location, but first it’s time to get a VPN service.
VPN or Virtual Private Networks are security & privacy software that have two major functions, first they change your IP address to a desired location (e.g. USA or UK) and second they secure your real location by virtually changing it to the region of its server. As a suggestion try one of our top three providers ExpressVPN, Ivacy VPN and PureVPN.
Now that you are ready with your VPN service, here is what to do next:
- The first thing to do is clear the app data for two services. Go to Settings>Apps and look for Google App, Google Play Services & Google Play Store.
- Force Stop all three services and Clear Data for all three services(shown below).
- Once data is clear and the apps have been neutralized, connect your VPN app to a target region like the US, UK or Japan (depending which regional Play Store carries the app).
- You can double check your IP address and location from WhatIsMyIP or a similar DNS Leaks checker.
- Once you have signed in using your email, browse through the new Play Store as usual.
Google Play Best Sellers
Here is a list of the top Movies, TV Shows, Apps and Games on the Google Play Stores in the USA & United Kingdom respectively.
Popular Apps, Movies, TV shows and Games on US Google Play Store
- Call of Duty
- Pokémon Go
- The Cobbler
- Game of Thrones
- The Hobbit
- Guardians of the Galaxy
Famous Apps, TV shows, Games and Movies on UK Google Play Store
- The Wolf of Wall Street
- Dirty Dancing
- It’s Never too Late
- Family Guy
- Breaking Bad
Changing your default Google Play Store should seem like a piece of cake now, we hope our guide has offered proper help with the easy to implement tips above. In case you experienced an issue do let us know in the comments section below, if it worked perfectly like & share the post to let others know too.
You can also find us on Twitter @VPNBest and leave your feedback there too.