Amazon Fire TV is a portable USB device developed by Amazon to enhance the HD video streaming experience of cord cutters. The Fire TV USB is connected to your TV’s HDMI port opening to you the world of online entertainment which includes over 4000 channels, games, and apps.
Amazon Fire TV also gives access to favorite video streaming, music, reading and many other subscription based services through built-in apps. You can watch over 25000 TV shows and movies as it provides apps for Netflix, Amazon video, Hulu, HBO Now, and many other video streaming services.
In September 2016, Amazon announced the release of the latest version of its Fire TV Stick that you can pre-order now. The shipping of orders will begin from October 20, 2016.
Amazon Fire TV Stick VPN
Although it offers a huge range of entertainment, the Amazon Fire TV Stick is limited to a handful of regions. This means that if you try to use the Fire TV stick outside these official regions you will be shown a geo-restrictions message. The official Amazon website indicates that the Fire TV stick works only in:
• United States
• United Kingdom
• Austria (Fire TV Stick only)
Amazon Fire TV offers numerous apps for users to get into the cord cutting habit, with the following apps built-in and available to download through the Amazon store:
1. Amazon Instant
6. ES File Explorer
7. Sky News
8. Fire TV Remote
9. BBC iPlayer
10. Sky News … plus many more.
With a huge arsenal of video and music streaming apps available over the Amazon Fire TV stick, still, none you can use outside the 5 official regions. So, if you bought your Fire TV stick in UK you will be unable to watch anything but YouTube on it when you go back home.
Best Amazon Fire TV Stick VPN for Streaming
5.0 / 5.0
| || |
4.7 / 5.0
| || |
7 day moneyback guarantee
4.0 / 5.0
| || |
3.5 / 5.0
| || |
3.0 / 5.0
| || |
This is where you will require an Amazon Fire TV Stick VPN to unblock apps for different regions. For instance, if you wish to use US based apps like HBO Now, HULU or Netflix simple connect your Fire TV VPN with a US VPN server. This will change your location virtually to the respective US city and replace your IP address with one from the US.
How to setup a VPN on Amazon Fire TV Stick
Setting up a VPN for Amazon Fire TV Stick requires you to configure the service directly in the router. There are two steps involved in setting up a PureVPN on Amazon Fire TV and Amazon Fire TV Stick. The following guide has been created in association with PureVPN & IvacyVPN:
Step # 1 – Change your Amazon account location to US
• After logging in your Amazon account, Click on ” Your Account” tab
- Now click on “Manage your Content and Devices”
- Click on settings tab and then go to ” Country Settings” and select country to United States
- Mention your US address and details or you can provide a dummy address as well
Step # 2 – Setup VPN on Router
To setup your Fire TV Stick VPN in the router follow our step by step guide:
- Open your web browser >Type in the gateway address to your router (usually 192.168.XX.XX)
- Depending on your router UI, choose “Settings” or “Advanced Settings” > WAN
- Choose “PPTP” in connection type or protocol
- Leave other settings unchanged, including the “Get IP Automatically” option
- Move on to WAN DNS (Ask provider for SmartDNS settings), these will router your traffic through the VPN provider DNS rather than Google DNS
- Next, enter the Username & Password sent to you by the VPN provider upon registration
- Leaving other settings unchanged, move to the box that says “Server Address or Name” and enter the VPN server address for USA (your VPN service can provide you these details)
- Click “Apply” or “Save” whichever is used, then restart your router. When the router restarts your traffic will now be passing through then US based VPN server.
How to Install Kodi Fire TV Stick using ES File Explorer App
Here is the complete step by step guide you can follow to install Kodi on Fire TV or Fire TV Stick successfully.
- Enable your Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick on your TV.
- Follow the setup process by mentioning your Amazon credentials if you are installing setup for first time.
- Go to Settings>System> Developer>ABD Debugging and turn on Apps from unknown source.
- Search ES File Explorer with the help of search box given at the top of screen.
- Install free ES File Explorer then open it again and click add favorite
- The ES File explorer window will be opened on the right side of screen
- Now use your remote to navigate to the link then download Kodi and click the link
- A new page will be opened, go to more tab and click that button.
- Now click open in new window and complete the installation process
- Open Kodi to make sure it is working efficiently
Wrapping It Up
The Amazon Fire TV Stick needs little effort from its owner when unblocking apps on the device. If you want the complete online streaming experience, consider using an Amazon Fire TV Stick VPN. Most VPN services now provide desktop & mobile apps for you to easily cast your media from your devices. You can also configure all VPN services on router level so you can use your Fire TV stick VPN on all your devices.
Did you find our blog helpful? Did you have any issues configuring the VPN on your Amazon Fire TV Stick? Leave us your comments and feedback below and let us know if you need help with subscribing to or using VPN.