The Apple Mac was considered the pinnacle of user security in the computing world or so the company claimed. But the ever increasing cyber threats, government surveillance initiatives, and data theft incidents have rendered these claims worthless. Yet, you have nothing to fear if you buy VPN for Mac.
5.0 / 5.0
4.0 / 5.0
| || |
3.5 / 5.0
| || |
3.0 / 5.0
| || |
2.5 / 5.0
| || |
Virtual Private Networks are “the” privacy tools of the 21st century, to date. Not only do they secure your online identity when browsing the internet but ensure robust protection of all data you send over the internet. In the following sections we will discuss why exactly you should buy VPN for your MAC and which VPN is right for your Apple Mac computers.
Top reasons to buy a VPN for Mac
Mac has been regarded as one of the most secure devices of the world, until it has become popular among consumers. Mac devices are used by over 65 million users worldwide and this growing number of users made Mac users a lucrative target for cyber criminals.
Previously, one of the many reasons Mac devices are considered secure and immune from cyber threats is because cyber criminals do not find targeting Mac users very cost-effective. Moreover, national and international government agencies are recording your online activities. So everything you do, share, or say online is being recorded and analyzed.
Here are the top reasons to buy a VPN for Mac:
- The primary reason for device owners to buy VPN for MACS’ is to ensure robust online privacy, security against government surveillance and network protection against hackers & cyber threats. A VPN ensures you are invisible to all parties trying to monitor your network and all your information transferred online is encrypted to make no sense to data breaches.
- The Keychain app (introduced with OSX Capitan) responsible for handling your usernames and passwords has been known to have vulnerabilities to get hacked online. This allows hackers to gain access of your devices and steal critical data. A VPN ensures you will never be visible to hackers & cybercriminals, giving them no devices to hack or even listen on your network.
- Cybersecurity Reports from Symantec, Kaspersky, Panda Titanium, McAfee and others have indicated over the last three years that there are growing malware and online threats now affecting Mac devices.
This trend as most cybersecurity companies identify is growing and will grow till it becomes routine. For instance, the Celebrity photo hacks from the iCloud was such a case in 2014. While Apple Inc. blamed ‘customers’ for being careless, a stream f indecent pictures were leaked from over 200,000 accounts of the iCloud service.
- Security over public WIFI networks to ensure safety from MiM (man in the middle attacks), network monitoring by ISPs & security agencies and malware looking for Mac devices.
- Unblock geo-restricted websites like BBC iPlayer, HBO, Fox, HULU and hundreds of others without having to compromise your location and identity.
- Bank and shop securely online without having to worry about losing your details to a data breach.
Buying the Right VPN for Mac
There are hundreds of VPN providers that offer compatibility with the Apple Mac, yet not all have the perfect package and performance can be disappointing when used with the Mac. If you want to buy a VPN for Mac, buy the right one.
Here is what you should look for when buying a VPN for Mac:
- Does not maintain your activity and data logs,
- Offers you military grade data encryption,
- Offers latest tunneling protocols,
- Offers apps for Macs and other Apple devices
- Offers a worldwide server backbone.
- Offers anonymous payment methods.
Check out our list of tested providers to buy only the best VPN for you Mac. Make use of the money back guarantees to test the services and find the perfect one for your Mac.
Buying a VPN for Mac gives you robust online privacy & data security on a dangerous new internet. However, we would like to reassert that you should buy the best VPN for Mac, to ensure proactive data & identity security.
Leave us your thoughts and feedback in the comments section below. You can also follow us on twitter @VPNBest for latest news and trends in the privacy.